Thursday, August 31, 2006

If it will pass this way again....Thoughts


















Thoughts
- By Michael Smith

I picked up pen and paper
Just the other day,
Thinking that maybe I had
Something important to say.

As the pen hit the paper
The thought had run away.
So then, I had another thought
This one would not escape.

So I wrote fast and furious
my thought would not abate.
For mostly when I pick up a pen
It's usually to late.
The thoughts come and go so fast
the pen cannot relate.
The verses fly into the wind
I write before it's too late.

The jumbled words fly before my eyes
I'd like to put them down on paper
Before I realize
that all the things I'd like to say are jumbled in a maze.

How to keep the thoughts all straight
I really don't know how.
I try to do my very best,
Just like now.

Sometimes the lines are funny,
Sometimes they are dear,
But always worth reading
Though often not very clear

When I talk
Of love and such,
I wonder if
it's too much.

But if it makes someone smile
I know I've done my best.
And if it makes your heart melt,
Well you know the rest.

So when the urge to write comes on
I quickly pick up a pen,
For I never really know
If it will pass this way again.

3 comments:

Junius said...

this pic is lovely!
i liked the inside of the flower, so soft and tender.....
and colors too are different, a bit mild...not so bright...

Sangita S said...

That was cute little poem and I liked the rhyming :-)

Aparna Jain said...

really worth appreciating.......both the pics and the way u write.....simple n soothing...!!!